How to Setup Your Email
How to Setup Your Email with Dataczar Connect:
- login to your account via dataczar.com or connect.dataczar.com.
- Go to Domains on the Main Menu to setup your email forwarding. Click the Email Forwarding button: you can do email@example.com forwards to your regular email address.
Note, this is only email forward so any subsequent back and forth emails will show as your regular email address.
Additionally, if you have a Gmail address you can mask your Gmail address so that the correspondence is back and forth as firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to do this, please use the following:
First, if you have two step verification you can create an app password. If you don't have two step verification then you may be able to use your regular password.
- To create an App password: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- Under "Signing in to Google", click "App passwords"
- Near the bottom, click "Select app" then "Other (Custom name)"
- Enter "Connect" or whatever you want use as a label for the App password where it says "e.g. YouTube on my Xbox"
- Click "GENERATE"
- Use the generated 16 character app password to use as the Password in the following steps:
- gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Add another email address
- (or go here: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts -> Then left click on "Add another email address")
- Name: domainname.com
- email address: email@example.com
- Leave "Treat as an alias." checked
- Click "Next step"
If not App password (not two step verification, use this):
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: <gmail username> (we included the gmail.com part)
- Password: <gmail password>