How to Setup Your Email
How to Setup Your Email with Dataczar Connect:
- login to your account via dataczar.com or connect.dataczar.com.
- Go to Domains on the Main Menu to setup your email forwarding. Click the Email Forwarding button: you can do email@example.com forwards to your regular email address.
Note: this is only email forward so any subsequent back and forth emails will show as your regular email address.
Note: each email forward can only go to one place; you can't have an email forwarding to more than one email address.
Additionally, if you have a Gmail address you can mask your Gmail address so that the correspondence is back and forth as firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to do this, please use the following:
1. Enable two step verification
- Google Account Help Instructions: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
- Follow the prompts to enable two step verification
- If you already have two step verification the above link may not work.
2. Create an app password
- Under "Signing in to Google", click "App passwords"
- Near the bottom, click "Select app" then "Other (Custom name)"
- Enter "Connect" or whatever you want use as a label for the App password where it says "e.g. YouTube on my Xbox"
- Click "GENERATE"
- Copy the app password to use in the next step
3. Use the generated 16 character app password to use as the Password in the following steps:
- Open GMail settings
- Left click on "Add another email address"
- In the pop up window:
Email address: email@example.com
Leave "Treat as an alias." checked
Click "Next step" button
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: gmail username (including @gmail.com)
Password: app password generated in step 2
Secured connection using TLS - selected
Click "Add Account >> button"
Enter the confirmation code received at the Forwards To address